THIS COURSE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU:
- are new to treasury or finance and looking to understand the role of the corporate treasurer and the context in which treasury operates
- work in treasury and would like to refresh or broaden your understanding of the role of treasury
- work alongside treasury and need to understand its role, key functions and business drivers, i.e. internal audit, accounting, development/business planning and IT
- supply products or services to treasury and need to understand your corporate clients’ business needs more effectively.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM THE TREASURY IN A DAY ONLINE COURSE?
Treasury in a Day introduces the purpose of treasury within the context of business. The programme explains the role of the treasurer, provides a broad understanding of key treasury concepts and presents an overview of the financial instruments that treasurers commonly use.
This course will help to broaden your ability to converse with management, operations, banks or treasurers who are customers. The trainer will share valuable insights on aspects concerning the treasury remit with a view to sharing best and worst practices in time available.www.treasurers.org/cpd
You will receive pre-course material in advance of the day as well as 60 days' access to Being A Treasurer, the second course of our First Steps in Treasury eLearning series. Included as part of your training course booking (usually £65 + VAT), this interactive online training will give you an overview of the role of a treasurer within the context of business.
More importantly, you'll gain valuable practical skills you can instantly use at work.
This course is centred around a case study, a new business. This way, participants can quickly get to grips with key treasury questions on raising finance, liquidity management, etc., as they arise during the life cycle of the business. It will cover the essentials of corporate treasury:
- Understand a simple business from a treasurer’s point of view
- Understand business and cash flows in different sectors
- Debt and equity – financing a business
- Credit risk and financial engineering
- Risks, skills and responsibilities of a treasurer
- Introduction to financial risk
- Treasury in large and multinational companies
- Introduction to cash management
The course will be covered over three highly interactive sessions, each session lasting 90 minutes with breaks between.
- Registration and introductions: 9:00 - 9:30 UK-time
- Session 1: 09:30 – 11:00 UK-time
- Session 2: 11:30 – 13:00 UK-time
- Session 3: 14:00 – 15:30 UK-time Close
- session: 15:30-16:00 UK-time for any further questions.
A Virtual Classroom will be used as the online delivery tool. Each session will lead to the next session with an interval of 30 minutes at the end of session 1 and 60 minutes at the end of session 2.
All sessions are designed to optimise your learning experience with ample opportunity for you to engage with the trainer and other course participants throughout the virtual classroom. In this environment, the trainer will cover the course content and learning outcomes using different perspectives to reinforce understanding and practical application of knowledge. We have designed our virtual training courses to ensure you get the best learning experience possible. Throughout the day you will use a range of tools and techniques including group exercises and live chat, to ensure that you are able to engage and interact with your trainer and share knowledge and best practice with your peers.
Each session will follow a similar structure i.e. brief overview of course material plus sharing of any valuable business insights. Participants will also be invited to engage in discussions throughout. The trainer will provide practical guidance on how to respond to issues raised by tasks set in advance in the pre-reading course materials. These will be centred around aspects flagged by past participants as most beneficial (treasury mission, policy, competency, tackling topical risks such as liquidity). Any other aspects highlighted in advance by participants will also be covered during each session at the appropriate time. The trainer will facilitate discussion towards the end of the final session whereby participants can not only learn from each other but may also highlight any aspects they found particularly helpful and worthy of consideration in their workplace.
- ACT member/ student or employed by an ACT CPD accredited employer/business member organisation -
- Member of another accountancy body -
- Non-member -
Can’t make it for this date but want to attend the next available session?
Group discounts - if three or more people from the same organisation book onto any ACT training course, they qualify for 25% off the combined course fee **
Raj is a fellow of the ACT and the ACCA and a member of the IoD. He has worked at board and senior level for SMEs and multinationals across the financial services, energy and retail sectors. Raj founded GGV in 2011 to provide distinct consulting services and to deliver executive training that addresses corporate issues and priorities. He has since built a global reputation for delivering highly interactive and effective learning at senior level for the ACT, ACCA, IoD and Euromoney. Before this career move, Raj was the CFO of London Capital Group Holdings plc, global treasury audit manager for the Royal Dutch Shell plc and the Man Group plc, and group treasurer of Empire Stores Group Plc.
We can also deliver this Treasury in a day training course to companies with teams that are interested in taking the course, tailoring it to your business needs. Find out more about in-company solutions here.