IS THE COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- A treasury manager, treasury dealer, treasury assistant, treasury accountant, or treasury controller
- working in corporate treasury
- New to treasury or a specialist who requires an overview of the whole treasury function
- Someone who works with treasury internally such as an accountant, tax manager or an internal auditor
- A banker, auditor, software vendor, or a consultant who wants to understand treasury from the customer’s perspective.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN FROM THE COURSE?
- An in-depth introduction to the corporate treasury function in international markets
- Deep insight into the core areas and main treasury activities of corporate finance, cash management and financial risk management.
- An understanding of the role of treasury as a corporate function and how the department can add value in a strategic capacity
- Insight into the setup, structure and interactions of a treasury function and the different operating models
- The ability to approach financial risk management in a structured way by applying a framework for managing your financial risks
- A mix of theoretical and practical applications that can be immediately incorporated into your treasury function
- Access to senior practitioners from the corporate world who bring ‘real life’ perspective and insight to the training based on experience from numerous corporate treasury projects.
CPD is a personal commitment to keeping your professional knowledge up to date and improving your skills. The ACT’s CPD scheme focuses on what you learn and how you develop throughout your career. ACT members who attend this training course can count this towards their CPD learning and should record this in their CPD log. For more information on the ACT’s CPD scheme visit: www.treasurers.org/cpd
This corporate treasury course provides a complete overview of the corporate treasury function from strategy and organisation, to cash management, risk management and corporate finance over five days. We combine theoretical knowledge and insights into all aspects of the treasury function and activities with ‘real life’ case study examples so that you can really relate the core principles to your own work.
- Treasury Strategy and Organisation
- Treasury Operations and Cash Management
- Treasury Processes and Systems
- Financial Risk Management
- Corporate Finance
This course has been adapted from a face-to-face to online in light of COVID-19, and from three full days to ten 120 minute sessions over five days.
Included in your package, you will receive 60 days' access to the Treasury Operations eLearning course, part of our First Steps in Treasury series. Usually £125 + VAT, this interactive online training provides a high-level introduction to the treasury function and help you to understand treasury operations within the context of business.
Participants may choose to have a brief introductory call with one of the course trainers. This will enable the trainers to understand your treasury career background, the treasury environment you work in, and your personal objectives for the course in more detail.
The course will be covered over two highly interactive sessions per day over five consecutive days, each session lasting 120 minutes. You will receive pre-course material in advance of the course.
Dates and times:
5 - 9 December 2022
- Registration and introduction: 9:00 - 9:30 UK-time (first day only)
- Session 1: 09:30 – 11:30 UK-time
- Session 2: 13:30 – 15:30 UK-time
A Virtual Classroom will be used as the online delivery tool. All sessions are designed to optimise your learning experience with ample opportunity for you to engage with the trainer and other course participants throughout the virtual classroom. In this environment, the trainer will cover the course content and learning outcomes using different perspectives to reinforce understanding and practical application of knowledge. We have designed our virtual training courses to ensure you get the best learning experience possible. Throughout the course you will use a range of tools and techniques including group exercises and live chat, to ensure that you are able to engage and interact with your trainer and share knowledge and best practice with your peers.
WHAT YOU GET AFTER THE DAY
A recording of the course and presentation material which you can access online for 60 days or download and a digital badge to share with your network to showcase your achievement. Our training courses are regularly reviewed and updated, so when you display your badge on your email footer or LinkedIn profile, your network will know that you have gained up to date knowledge and relevant skills.
There will be an option on the course feedback form to select a further one on one follow-up call with one of the trainers for any further questions or points of clarification.
More importantly, valuable practical skills you can instantly use at work.
09:00 - 09:30 REGISTRATION
09:30 - 11:30 TREASURY ORGANISATION & STRATEGY
Today’s opening session will introduce the spectrum of treasury operations including the role of corporate treasury and the best market practices in efficiently organizing a treasury department.
- The evolving role of the corporate treasury department
- Organisational business models for treasury
- Governance and policy
- Treasury objectives
- Centralisation models
13:30 - 15:30 TREASURY ORGANISATION & STRATEGY
- Internal controls between back office, middle office and front office
- Cooperation and integration with other corporate departments
- Defining treasury KPIs and balanced scorecards
- Implementing treasury reporting
09:30 - 11:30 TREASURY OPERATIONS & CASH MANAGEMENT
On the second day, the morning session will examine all aspects of daily treasury and cash management operations. What tools are at Treasury’s disposal for managing their department more efficiently.
- Daily Cash Management processes in the Treasury Department
- The role of Cash Management banks
- Clearing and Payments systems – domestic and international
13:30 - 15:30 TREASURY OPERATIONS & CASH MANAGEMENT
The session in the afternoon will cover Liquidity management structures and techniques, cash flow forecasting and look at how changing regulation is impacting the future of payments.
- Liquidity management structures
- Netting and pooling
- Virtual Accounts
- Cash flow forecasting – techniques and limitations
- The Future of Payments
09:30 - 11:30 TREASURY SYSTEMS & PROCESSES
The morning session on the third day focuses on the possibilities of optimising processes within the treasury department
- How to define and document treasury processes
- An overview of the treasury technology landscape
- An introduction to treasury management systems
- Bank Connectivity
13:30 - 15:30 TREASURY SYSTEMS & PROCESSES
The afternoon session on the third day takes a deep-dive into the different treasury systems.
- Dealing and Confirmations
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Payment Factories and In-House Banking
- Emerging Technology in Treasury
09:30 - 11:30 FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT PART 1
This first section gives a general introduction to fundamentals of risk management and on building a coherent framework to manage financial risks and then focusses practical application examining foreign exchange risk management.
- Introduction and Overview of the Risk Framework
- Classification, Identification and Quantification
- FX Risk Management Objectives
- FX Risk Management Policy
13:30 - 15:30 FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT PART 2
The second part of the risk management program will focus on FX instruments and transactions, interest rate risk management, and credit risk management.
- Spot and forward transactions
- FX swaps & cross currency swaps
- Options (plain vanilla options, caps & floors)
- (Non-deliverable) forwards
INTEREST RATE RISK MANAGEMENT
- Measurement of interest rate risk
- Yield curves
CREDIT RISK MANAGEMENT
- Measurement of counterparty credit risk
- Impact of credit spread and liquidity premiums
- Credit ratings
- Probability of default and loss given default calculations
09:30 - 11:30 CORPORATE FINANCE
The morning session on the last day starts with a look at concepts behind corporate financing and the risk to shareholder value and then looks at the execution of your corporate finance strategy. What means of financing are available and what are the trends in the marketplace?
- Defining a corporate finance policy
- Understanding shareholder value metrics
- Optimizing the capital structure
- Determination and application of WACC
13:30 - 15:30 CORPORATE FINANCE
The afternoon session on the last day looks at what means of financing are available and what are the trends in the marketplace?
- Trends in corporate financing
- Bank financing (bilateral and syndicated loans
- Public debt market (EMTN and Eurobonds)
- Private placements
- Alternative financing solutions
- Loan documentation
The A-Z course trainers are industry experts who bring a wealth of experience and practical knowledge to the course. They are subject matter experts in their field, with skills obtained and sharpened at multinational companies and non-profit organisations.
Constantine joined Zanders as a Senior Manager in January 2017. Constantine has a broad focus on treasury projects from strategy, risk and organization projects, to system upgrade and implementation work. Prior to joining Zanders, Constantine spent approximately four years within the Corporate Treasury department of Seadrill, an offshore drilling company. He holds an MSc in Finance from Cass Business School in London where he specialized in Corporate Finance. Constantine is also a guest lecturer at UK universities.
Sander de Vries
Sander de Vries joined Zanders in 2012. Sander has relevant hands-on experience in cash management, corporate finance, cash flow forecasting, treasury transformation projects and financial risk management. He graduated with honors for the BSc Business Economics and he holds a MSc Finance degree. Sander also passed the ACT Risk Management certificate and passed the international Cash Management certificate with distinction.
Pieter Sermeus joined Zanders in 2013. Pieter has in-depth experience in cash management, cash flow forecasting, treasury transformation projects and financial risk management. He holds a MSc in Business Administration from the University of Antwerp and a Master of Finance from Antwerp Management School. Pieter also completed CFA level 1 and FRM.
Adela Kozelova has joined Zanders in 2016. Adela has proven experience in financial risk management, treasury technology and treasury transformation projects. She graduated from Nyenrode Business University in Netherlands with the MSc in Financial Management. Adela has also passed all three levels of CFA exams and both levels of FRM exams.
Tobias is a Director at Zanders Switzerland with diverse Corporate Finance and Treasury experiences in consulting, banking and corporates. He worked in Front Office Treasury roles at Daimler and BMW and as a Corporate Banker at BNP Paribas in Switzerland. At Zanders, Tobias delivered various types of projects from Treasury Strategy, Financial Risk Management to Cash Management optimization. He holds a BSc in International Business Economics, an MSc in Global Finance and is a CFA and CAIA charterholder.
Bart is a Director in the Corporates Advisory team of Zanders located in The Netherlands. Bart has over 15 years of treasury advisory experience, with a focus on process optimization and treasury and payments technology. Prior to Zanders, Bart worked over 15 years in Corporate Treasury of multinational organizations. ranging from front office to treasury control roles. Next to his advisory role within Zanders, Bart is responsible for channel management of a variety of large treasury technology vendors. Bart holds an MSc in Business Administration from the Erasmus University Rotterdam, where he specialized in treasury management.
Fernando is a Director at Zanders with over 20 years’ experience in financial services. At Zanders, Fernando has a focus on treasury projects from IHB set ups to bank selection for international cash management services. Prior to joining Zanders, Fernando worked for 17 years at Citibank London Treasury and Trade Solutions in a variety of roles, from product, business management, to product sales specialist advising multinational corporate on their cash management and operational banking requirements.
Alina is a Senior Manager at Zanders and joined the company in 2016. Alina has 12+ years’ experience in Treasury and has proven experience in cash management, treasury technology and treasury transformation projects.
Dates and times:
5 - 9 December 2022
- Registration and introduction: 9:00 - 9:30 (first day only)
- Session 1: 09:30 – 11:30
- Session 2: 13:30 – 15:30
5 - 9 December 2022
- ACT member/ student or employed by an ACT CPD accredited employer/business member organisation - £1,825
- Member of another accountancy body - £1935
- Non-member - £2,150
*fees are subject to local rate of VAT where applicable.
Can’t make it for this date but want to attend the next available session?
Group discounts (not compatible with any other discount) - if three or more people from the same organisation book onto any ACT training course, they qualify for 25% off the combined course fee **
We can also deliver this corporate treasury training course to companies with teams that are interested in taking the course, tailoring it to your business needs. Find out more about in-company solutions here.