Understand the role played by treasury in managing cash and liquidity for international businesses. Develop your knowledge of a range of cash management tools, techniques and products.
The qualification provides an essential introduction to international cash and liquidity management.
Perfect if you:
- want to take the first step in developing the skills and knowledge needed for a career in cash and liquidity management
- have recently moved into a cash management role (or would like to), either within corporate treasury or in general finance, and need to gain an understanding of international cash management
- are a banker, relationship manager or consultant who needs to understand the key elements of international cash management so that you can advise clients more effectively.
DIGITAL CREDENTIALSdigital credentials: a badge and an eCertificate. Digital credentials are a great way to showcase your achievement, and can be easily and safely displayed on your CV or website or shared online via LinkedIn, email signatures, social media, blogs and ePortfolios.
The Award in International Cash Management is made up of three units. Once you have completed this course, you will be ready to take the Certificate in International Cash Management.
- Unit 1: Introduction to international cash management
- Unit 2: The business of managing cash
- Unit 3: The business of reporting on international cash management
At the end of this qualification you will be able to:
- confidently define terms of relevance to treasury and international cash management, and explain internal and external factors and their impact on treasury and international cash management action and decisions
- understand different regional products and services available from banks and other organisations to support international cash management, the different methods of making and receiving payments, and the importance of payables and receivables management
- describe techniques used to provide visibility of the organisation’s current and future available cash positions
- describe methods of optimising interest (both earned and received) on surplus cash and borrowing positions, recognising and minimising transaction costs
- discuss key internal and external (published) financial statements and their use in treasury and international cash management, and calculate relevant financial ratios
- explain risk management, as well as the importance of ethics, culture, reporting and governance in international cash management.
For a full description of the course content, download the syllabus.
Would you like a free sample of the study materials for the Award in International Cash Management so that you can try before you buy?
You can request a sample to be emailed to you by filling in your details in the form below.
If you want to hear an example of our podcasts, click here to listen to a clip from one that explores the banker-treasurer relationship.
There are no entry requirements for this award.
Are you looking for a more advanced qualification? Take a look at our Certificate in International Cash Management.
We upgraded our study site and you will have an interactive and engaging experience.
This qualification is delivered online through the ACT Learning study site, and you can start your studies at any time.
Our assessments are on demand, so you will be able to book your exam at a time convenient to you and when you feel ready.
We estimate you should be able to complete the course in one to three months alongside your full-time work.
You will receive a variety of learning materials and support, which includes:
study guides take you through the learning step by step. These can be downloaded if you prefer to learn offline
practice progress tests after each unit
webinars which explain certain concepts in more detail
student discussion forum - post questions to the tutor and network with like-minded students
1-2-1 coaching session
live revision webinar.
It’s up to you to decide when you are ready to opt in and take your assessment. You can take your assessments from anywhere in the world, wherever you have a reliable internet connection.
The assessment is one online exam and is available on demand.
|LENGTH||FORMAT||NOMINAL PASS MARK|
|90-minute exam||75 Multiple choice questions||76%|
You can view all the detailed assessment information here:
When booking onto the Award in International Cash Management you will need to become a student member of the ACT.
This gives you access to lots of great things:
• subscription to The Treasurer magazine
• careers resources
• events, regional groups and webinars
• policy and technical updates
• mentoring service.
Remember to take advantage of these benefits - they really help make your introduction into treasury a fuller experience and will ensure you grow your professional network, especially if you’re just starting out! When you have successfully completed the course, you will be eligible to become an eAffiliate member and use the designatory letters AwardICM. These are the internationally recognised letters that go after your name that recruiters and employers look out for. You can find out more about ACT membership here.
When you start studying, you buy your online learning materials and student membership at the same time.
If you buy the AwardICM and Certificate in International Cash Management at the same time, you will pay a discounted fee, saving £265 on the total price.
Your assessment can be booked at a later date, when you are ready to sit the exam.
|Online learning materials for AwardICM||GBP 1,365|
|Online learning materials for AwardICM and CertICM Package||
|Online assessment||GBP 125|
|Student membership for AwardICM||GBP 123|
|Student membership for AwardICM and CertICM Package||GBP 276|
Fees are subject to local VAT rate where applicable.
Ready to buy?
First, log in to your ACT Learning account. If you do not have one, you will be prompted to create one. Have your credit/debit card details to hand; you will be required to make an online payment through Stripe. We accept AMEX, Mastercard and Visa card payments. Upon submission, you will receive an automated summary email. A student membership fee is payable on booking.
Your booking will be processed within five working days.
You will be sent a booking confirmation with information on how to start your studies and at this time you will become a Student member of the ACT.
The ACT Educational Trust is a charity that promotes the treasury profession through education and support. The Trust offers bursaries to assist students from developing countries who are unable to fund or gain sponsorship to study for an ACT qualification. If you are a national and resident of one of the countries listed here you can apply for a bursary for the Award in International Cash Management. The bursary covers the course fee, student membership fee and assessment fee.
We can also deliver cash management learning to companies with teams that are interested in taking either the Award in International Cash Management, or the Certificate in International Cash Management, and tailor it to your business needs. Find out more about in-company solutions here
"My AwardICM has given me greater confidence when it comes to leading conversations with clients."