When booking onto an ACT qualification you will need to become a Student member of the ACT for the duration of your learning licence, or until you pass your qualification, whichever is soonest.
Once you have successfully completed the qualification, you will be eligible to use the relevant designatory letters after your name. These are what really set you apart and offer a mark of professional distinction to your employers, peers and clients. Of course there are other providers of treasury training, but your membership of the chartered body for the profession shows you are serious about your career in treasury and committed to maintaining the very highest standards.
While you are studying, you are a Student member. The table below shows the ACT member status you can be upgraded to once you have successfully qualified and the respective designatory letters that you will be eligible to use.
|Qualification||Eligible ACT member status once qualified||Designatory letters|
|Certificate in Treasury Fundamentals||eAffiliate member||CertTF|
|Certificate in Treasury||Affiliate member||CertT|
|Diploma in Treasury Management||Associate member||AMCT|
|Advanced Diploma in Treasury Management||Fellow||FCT|
|Award in International Cash Management||eAffiliate member||AwardICM|
|Certificate in International Cash Management||Affiliate member||CertICM|
ACT membership is specifically designed to support you at every level of your career, whether you're just starting out, are progressing and even during your retirement. We are committed to supporting not only your progression, but helping you develop networks and sustain expertise.
Student membership is designed to support you as you progress through an ACT qualification. The qualification provides you with quantifiable and assessed skills, whilst your ACT membership provides you with access to the ACT's wider knowledge base and a range of benefits to help advance your career.
The ACT is the globally recognised chartered professional body for treasury which means your designatory letters are internationally recognised, which can open doors to global career progression.
With over 7,000 ACT members in over 100 countries, you will have access to some of the greatest minds in treasury and finance!
Not only that, but as thought leaders for the profession, you will have access to expert lobbying work, updates on topical issues which will help you stay on top of any latest developments so you can make more informed decisions in the workplace.
- Subscription to The Treasurer magazine
- Access to the ACT Career Hub which holds a huge bank of practical resources, from advice on how to handle a performance review to a job search engine
- Discounts on ACT training courses so you can complement your learning by adding additional skills
- Opportunities to network at free-to-member events and discounts to other ACT events
- Opportunity to join the Future Leaders in Treasury forum where you can help shape the profession by telling us what you think. We use the ideas, knowledge and expertise generated to provide practical, useful outcomes for younger members and grow the treasury profession.
- Access to our CPD activity log, allowing you to set objectives for yourself and track them as you progress
- Discounts on booking an Institute of Business Ethics e-learning course and accountingcpd.net courses
- Access to our mentoring scheme, Mentor Me, where our smart software will match your needs with a suitable senior professional
- Access to webinars led by ACT Policy and Technical experts which give direction on regulatory change and key treasury concerns
Once you have passed your qualification, your Student membership expires. You can choose to either progress your studies and become a Student member once again or your can choose to become a member of the ACT applicable to your qualified level.
You can find more information specific to your qualified level by clicking on your qualification: