The course uses a simple business model to demonstrate what treasury is and how a treasurer gets involved in the business. If you’re new to treasury or seeking a high-level introduction to the subject, this course will help you understand the purpose of treasury within the context of business. Experienced treasurers will recognise some of the strategic issues covered.
IS THE INTRODUCTION TO TREASURY COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Yes, if you are:
- considering a career in treasury or corporate finance
- in the early stages of your career and need to know about treasury
- in a role that works closely with treasury moving to a treasury role
HOW DOES THE INTRODUCTION TO TREASURY COURSE WORK?
Our Introduction to treasury eLearning course will take approximately 45 minutes and you have 90 days to complete this course from the date of purchase. The online format lets you build your understanding of treasury in bite-sized courses, providing great flexibility in the way you learn. You do not have to complete the course in one session and can tackle each topic at your own pace. All you’ll need to get going on this course is a laptop, desktop or tablet and a broadband connection.
Introduction to treasury can be taken on its own, as a standalone course if you're looking to quickly get up to speed on how treasury should operate in the context of a business. You can also take this course as part of the full eLearning series.
INTRODUCTION TO TREASURY COURSE STRUCTURE
- Business and treasury
- Business model and cash flow
- The risks
- The treasurer's decisions
- Modern treasury
- Describe the role of a treasurer in a simple business
- List the key responsibilities of a treasurer
- Outline some of the tools a treasurer can use to better understand a business
- Explain how cash flows in a basic business
- Analyse some of the risks that can affect a basic business
- Give some examples of the key decisions a treasurer is required to make
- Explain how a treasurer’s role changes as the business grows.
WHAT YOU GET
The eLearning course is delivered online through the ACT Learning. You will be able to access the eLearning course 24/7, so you can go through the material when and where you want. You will have access to the online content for 90 days if you are purchasing an individual course or 12 months if you are purchasing the series.
Within 5 working days after completing the course, you will receive a digital badge that you can use in your email signature, CV, LinkedIn or any other digital media to demonstrate the skills acquired. A prospective employer, client, or other interested parties can view the metadata linked to the badge’s image, which certifies the authenticity of the badge and which can provide additional details of the skills that the badge represents.